Shop

Bouchard Finlayson Missionvale Chardonnay vintage set

R965.00

Bouchard Finlayson’s Missionvale Chardonnay is one of their flagship wines.   A perfect expression of the Hemel-en-Aarde terroir, this Chardonnay is produced exclusively from grapes grown and harvested on the estate, taking advantage of the valley’s cool maritime climate to produce a wine that balances textbook minerality and citrus notes on a foundation of well-integrated oak richness.

Wine Menu now offers you a special 3 bottle vertical gift box:
2018: The last vintage to be 100% barrel fermented, showing oyster shells, kumquart, quince, floral fynbos and wet river stones. Fresh lime on the long well balanced finish.

2019: 20% terracotta amphorae was introduced, with the remaining 80% barrel fermented. Beautiful upfront stone fruit laced with creamy almonds. A touch of shortbread on the palate with a tight focused finish.

2020: 80% barrel; 20% terracotta amphorae as per 2019. Gentle citrus and white floral notes with a gorgeous full mouthfeel. Stone fruit follows through on the palate ending in a tight fresh finish.

There’s no favourites here, but what we do know is that each one of these wines is a great expression of true Chardonnay from Hemel en Aarde. The 2018 is in such a beautiful drinking spot right now. We suggest you buy a mixed case and decide for yourself which of the vintages you would like to stock up on. Let us know and we make sure you get your favourite in the cellar.

Additional Information
Producer

Bouchard Finlayson

X